Monday, January 13, 2014

Finally here

I am finally in Dublin. It has been some difficulty traveling. We had flight delays and cancellations but we were finally able to make it.  It is crazy that I am here! We stayed with a family who had a student who did study abroad at Purdue from Ireland. It was great to be able to stay with them so we could see the normal day to day Irish lives. Everyone is so welcoming and pleasant to be around! Very welcoming, at first I thought everyone was going to be a little off that we were from America, but to my surprise they love us and respect us. I have made my first visit to traditional Irish pub, and of course had my first pint of Guinness.  I also had my first serving of bangers and mash.  It is a little weird adjusting to the slang.  The first night I someone said, "Where can I find good crack?" I was taken back and wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. I found out crack means fun so the lad was asking "Where is a fun place?" I just got onto campus today and still trying to get settled into my spot and prepare for my classes. All in all, I think I am going to love it here!
The mom of the people we stayed with and two other Purdue students

Outside of the house where we stayed 

My first Guinness.

No comments:

Post a Comment